Recently Lisa Eldridge posted about what's in her makeup bag (also this one) which is the kind of thing I've always liked because I'm super nosy and always curious about what people carry around every day. So! Since Marianne and I like to be big ole copycats, we decided to show YOU what we lug around. All of it - the shiny new and the disgustingly shameful.
Me first. My makeup bag is a Lesportsac pouch that could probably use a wash. I really like this brand because they're lightweight, indestructible, and often have a separate zippered compartment or two. (Also, you can find them at Marshalls and the like for way less than retail.)
So, here's the lot:
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish powder (chosen mostly because the mirror is big. Seriously.)
- Bobbi Brown blotting papers (That filthy white paper thing in the center. I know! But the refills are $5 and I refuse to pay $20 for a fake leather case. Refuse.)
- small nail file (Alchemy brand, which tells you how old it is. I don't even think that's a brand anymore.)
- Boots No7 concealer (I reviewed it here.)
- Sample packet of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer that I will never open because... then what?
- Sephora Full Action mascara (Eh quality, but it's small. And old. I should probably throw it out.)
- Urban Decay eyeliner in Underground (Great color!)
- Clinique Almost lipstick in Black Honey (remember when EVERYONE wore this? One day I was like, "why did I stop buying that?" and went and bought it. Still good.)
- a tiny folding eyebrow brush/eyelash comb thingy that I rarely use
- Sonia Kashuk foundation brush that I mostly use to apply pressed powder (It's filthy. Needs a wash.)
- Sonia Kashuk concealor brush (Also filthy.)
- Laura Mercier Secret concealer (Decent, I like it.)
- Band-Aid Friction Block AKA the best invention in the whole wide world, second only to air conditioning.
- Fresh Sugar plum tinted lip treatment (Painfully expensive but I can't quit it.)
- Nars Gipsy lipstick (What I usually wear in blog photos so you guys don't think I'm dying of consumption.)
- Fresh Sugar lip treatment in the tiny rip-off size (Nice)
- Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop (purchased in Knoxville because Marianne swore this color would look great on me. I'm not convinced.)
- Jouer lip gloss that came in a Birch Box. It's a nice color to wear on very minimal days. Bright but sheer.
Also (file this part under "yawn"):
- a spare pair of contacts, Band-Aids, allergy meds, dental floss, and a tiny screwdriver for my sunglasses that are always fucking falling apart, MARC JACOBS.
That's it! What does your makeup bag look like? What products can you not live without and what do you desperately need to toss?